Another photo from my grand aunt Latisha Vanderpool's photo album.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Saturday, November 15, 2014
1) Most of us collect dead ancestors and relatives now - what did you collect when you were a child or teenager?
2) Tell us about your collections in a blog post of your own.
Well I collected coins, pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, and fifty cent coins. I guess I got that from my dad as he collected postcards, and coins also, his collection is a lot bigger than mine was, and he had a lot of foreign coins he collected when he was in WWII.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
I have posted previous Veterans Day tributes here so this year I am posting a picture of the 354 Service Squadron that my dad was in in WWII.
Sunday, November 9, 2014
1) This week we're going to look for men's facial hair in our photograph collection.
2) Find one or more photographs of men in your ancestral families that have facial hair - a mustache and/or a beard.
3) Show the photograph if you have it and tell us a bit about the person shown.
Well it took a while but I found a couple of ancestors with beards:
This is my great grandfather Stanislaus Potoski Dillingham, his wife Eliza Minerva (Hellenbolt) Dillingham (sitting), and their daughter Fredalene Dillingham, sister to my grandmother Anna M. (Dillingham) Hansen.