Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Night Fun Google

Hey genealogy enthusiasts - it's Saturday Night, time for more Genealogy Fun!!

Your mission tonight, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Go to http://www.google.com/ and enter a search term and click on the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

2) Try your name, your local society, favorite genealogy terms, whatever you want. Do at least three, and as many as you want if you have time. Be creative! Have fun!

3) What did you learn from this exercise?


I have been Googling myself for a while, mostly it finds my blog posts or the Charles Hansen that is a musician telling about his work.

I Googled Eastern Washington Genealogical Society, and the EWGS blog was on several posts, our new website #7, but the old website was #1. Found several articles on our society programs, and publications we sell.

Googled Washington State Genealogical Society, and their website was #1, several articles on the society, and even one on last summers state genealogical conference here in Spokane.

I googled John Jackie Vanderpool and found nothing new on that brick wall.

I learned there is more than one Charles Hansen, and it is hard to change a website and have the new one found by the bots. I still have not seen any of the articles I have written monthly, but I guess google does not either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails