Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Night Fun ONE WISH

Hey genea-philes, it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) If you found a bottle on the shore, and it had a genea-genie in it, and rubbed it and you had ONE WISH to make about your genealogy and family history research, what would it be?


Well as Randy said it is hard to pick just one wish, but here it goes: I think I will wish to find the parents of Richard Hellenbolt and his wife Rhoda (Preston) Hellenbolt. When I have found them in the census I know Richard was born about 1815 in New York and Rhoda was born in Canada. Soon after Richard was born all the Hellenbolts left New York and headed for Canada where I found them near Cobourg, Ontario, Canada. I found some of his cousins there also and later they went to Wisconsin and Minnesota and finally to Montana. I had surmised since Hellenbolt sounded German and they left for Canada that they might have been part of the Hessians that fought for England in the Revolution, but I found 3 Hellenbolts in the New York Militia during the Revolution and I think one of these three men was the father of Richard Hellenbolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails