Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday Night Fun Family Search Scavenger Hunt


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):


1) You're going on a scavenger hunt - for records of one of your relatives.  You can pick a relative who lived in the 1800 to 2000 time period.  A brother of one of your ancestors might be best (since males don't change their name).  Or the husband of a sister of your ancestor.  
Tell us the name of your chosen relative. 

2)   Go to FamilySearch and search for records for that relative.  Start on the Search page - https://www.familysearch.org/search.  Search any way you want.   

Well I picked Robert Forsyth Kelly my great grandfather; he was married three times so very interesting. I found him in the 1860, 1870, 1900 and 1920 census.

The 1870 census of Ursa, Adams County, Illinois had a Lucretia Kelley, as a servant, I guess not a daughter, I had never heard of her before.
The 1900 census had my grandfather Charles R. Kelly age 10 and his mom Vada B. Kelly
The 1920 census had wife #2 Lillie D. Kelly 
I did not find the 1880, 1910 or 1930 Census for Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails