Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday Night Fun Vacations

Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1) It's summertime in the Northern hemisphere, and time for summer vacations for many people.  


2)  Tell us about a memorable summer vacation when you were a child.  What are your memories of summer vacations with your family?  Did you travel?  How?  Did you visit extended family?  Who?

Well I don't remember the first vacation my parents took my sister and me, don't even know where they went. I was 2 and my sister was 4. She sat in the back seat reading comic books, when she finished with a page she tore it off and threw it out the window.
We did not take many vacations when I was young, pop only got a week vacation so we never went far. In 1962 we all went to the Seattle Worlds Fair. I have done 18 blog posts on the Seattle Worlds Fair mostly on items from the scrapbook my mom kept, but several photos I took while we were at the fair. We had a neighbor from Spokane that had moved to Snohomish County a few years before the fair so we stayed with them while we were there. Later on my parents bought a travel trailer and we went on several vacations, Yellowstone, Glacier Park, Crater Lake, etc., and many times to the coast at Ocean Shores,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails