Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday Night Fun Ahnentafel Roulett


1) What year was one of your great-grandfathers born?  Divide this number by 80 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ah
nentafel" - 
your software will create this - use the "Ahnentafel List" option, or similar). Who is that person, and what are his/her vital information?

3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."


Well my 4 great grandfathers were born 1837, 1835, 1855, and 1864 all four divided by 80 gives the same number 23 Rhoda Preston my great great grandmother. Rhoda was a brick wall for years as I only knew her given name Rhoda and she was born in Canada about 1816. She married Richard Hellenbolt at Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and her daughter Eliza Minerva Hellenbolt married Stanislaus Potoski Dillingham, my great grandfather (born in 1835).

When I found the surname for Rhoda at the Family Search Center I was surprised and on the way home all I could think of was that I was related to Sargent Preston of the Yukon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails