Saturday, January 3, 2015

Saturday Night Fun Research Achievement


Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:


1)  What was your best research achievement in 2014?  Tell us - show us a document, or tell us a story, or display a photograph.  Brag a bit!  You've earned it!

2)  We all have elusive ancestors.  What research problem do you want to work on in 2015?  Tell us where you want to research and what you hope to find.

3)  Put the answers in your own blog post

Well I have not done a Saturday Night Genealogy Fun in a while, so this one is to make up for missing several.

Our library has a collection of old high school yearbooks but I had never checked them out. A few weeks ago they blogged that they had put some of the yearbooks online, and two of them were 1930 and 1931 Hillyard High PAWS Yearbook. My mom was at Hillyard High those years, but due to a fire and overcrowding a new high school was built about a mile west of Hillyard High; John Rogers High School, and she graduated there in 1933. I went to the URL and found the 1931 yearbook, typed her name into the search box and it brought up about 20 hits. I found out it searched for both names so all the Margarets and all the Kellys made up so many hits. I did find her twice in the 1931 yearbook, but only once in the 1930 yearbook. So here is the 1930 Hillyard High Orchestra. She is in the front row second on the left. Clarence Miller in the front row by the Bass Drum ran a grocery store with his brother a block south of Hillyard High.


Well I would like to find the parents of my great great grandfather Thomas Kelly born 1827 in Kentucky, been getting hits on my PML searches on RootsWeb so hopefully I will find his parents this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails