Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday Night Fun Census Longgevity


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!): 


1)  Do you know which of your ancestors appears the most times in the Census records?  How many years?  Are there duplicate entries?  


2)  Describe that ancestor's entries in the records in a blog post of your own

Well I have several very long lived ancestors, and so I will change the question slightly to which ancestor saw his own census record the most times. That makes the selection very easy, since my dad got to see himself in THREE census, and I am pretty sure none of my other ancestors ever saw a census of themselves.
1910 he was in Sebeka, Minnesota age 3, with his parents and two older sisters and one older brother. Later on in 1910 the family moved to Columbus, Montana.
1920 he was at the farm outside of Columbus, Montana with his parents, two older sisters and now two brothers one older and one younger. His dad ran the grain elevator there in Columbus besides the farm.
1930 I had asked pop where he was in 1930 so I could find him in the census and he said he was working in a logging camp in north Idaho, but the census listed him as living with his parents near Blanchard, Idaho, with his parents and one younger brother. He was now 95 and loved looking at what ever I found about his ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails