Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday Night Fun Golden Wedding Anniversaries

Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music):

1)  After I wrote my blog post yesterday about the newspaper article for my second great-grandparents golden wedding anniversary, I thought to myself "Self, that would be a good SNGF topic."


2)  So - the challenge today is to find out which of your ancestors have celebrated a golden wedding anniversary - 50 years of marital bliss (?).  Was there a newspaper article about it?

3)  Share your results in your own blog post

Well my parents Claude and Margaret Hansen celebrated their 50th in 1992 and it was in the newspaper.
My dad's parents Anton and Anna Hansen are winners of longest with 64 years. 
Two more came close: Anna's parents Stanislaus and Eliza Dillingham made 49 years. 
Mikkel Madsen and Kristen Hansdatter also made 49 years.

On my moms side Daniel and Mary Travis made 51 years. 
Robert Forsyth (My war of 1812 vet) and his wife Mary Williams made 54 years.

So out of 15 ancestors 4 made 50 or more years 1 60 or more and two 49 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails