Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Night Fun Place Timeline

Hey there, genea-folks, it's Saturday Night - time for more Genealogy Fun!

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Do a Place Line. We're all familiar with Timelines - date, location, event, etc. I want you to create a Place Line for your life, or for the life of one of your parents or grandparents - your choice! In that Place Line, tell us the location (address if possible), inclusive dates (if possible), and events. Consider topics like residence, schools, churches, employment, etc.


Place
Parents were living at 1641 E. Queen Ave, Spokane, WA when I was born in 1948, about a year and a half later they bought the house at 1611 E. Queen Ave so I lived there from 1949 to 1980, except for three years I lived at University Trailer Court in Pullman, Washington during the school year while I went to Washington State University, so 1968-1971. Pullman set a record the first winter I was there -33 degrees (no wind chill, but it was windy all the time in Pullman).
In 1980 my grandmother was moved to a nursing home and she had given me her house, so I moved in to take care of it and she never left the nursing home till she died in 1984. So 4903 N. Crestline St. Spokane, WA., 1980 to 2008 when my dad needed someone to stay with him, he died May 15, 2008. So from April 2008 to now back at 1611 E. Queen Ave, Spokane. Still cleaning out Crestline to get it ready to sell, but with the economy I am not in a real hurry.
In 1954 my parents bought a lake lot at Twin Lakes in Kootenai County Idaho, and pop and I built a cabin there. Still have that and spend as many weekends there as possible. Our cabin sure looks small next to the McMansions that are being built there today.

Education Whitman School, Spokane, WA from 1954 to 1960 two blocks from home, John Shaw Junior High 1960-1963 1.4 miles from home (if you lived 1.5 miles they bussed you to school), John Rogers High School 1963-1966 four blocks from home, Spokane Community College 1966-1967, Spokane Falls Community College 1967-1968, Washington State University 1968-1971.

Employment My mom did bookkeeping and income taxes, and I typed income taxes for her for years, and I helped out at a service station a few times, but my first real job was parking cars at Roosevelt Apartments Garage at 7th an Howard 1964-1968, then after college I went to work with my mom doing bookkeeping and income taxes, still doing that to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails