Saturday, January 29, 2011

52 Weeks to Personal Genealogy Favorite Food

Week 5: Favorite Food. What was your favorite food from childhood? If it was homemade, who made it? What was in this dish, and why was it your favorite? What is your favorite dish now?
I like fish, when I was young I went fishing a lot, I caught crappie, perch, bass, and occasionally a trout. My mom or grandma would fry the fish in butter and we ate fresh fish. I have not been fishing in years now, just have not had the urge lately.
When Skippers opened a restaurant near us we had a lot of fish and chips at Skippers, but when Ivar's Acres Of Clams opened in the food mart of Northtown Mall I switched to the fish and chips at Ivar's. They have wonderful cod fish fish & chips. Went there tonight for fish & chips.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet the fish at Skippers and Ivar's doesn't taste as good as the fresh-caught fish your mother and grandmother used to fry in butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivar's is pretty good, but still not as good as fresh fish cooked in butter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails