Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Anniversay to my Parents

Today would have been my parents 69th Wedding Anniversary. They were married on January 14, 1942 in my grandparents house and then the next day pop shipped out to Ephrata in the Army Air Corps. Eventually he went to England, Africa and Italy. I was going to make a copy of their marriage certificate which has been hanging on the wall of their bedroom for as long as I can remember. When I removed the cardboard back on the frame I found this booklet titled Holy Matrimony and this first image is pages 2 and three of that booklet.
Contracting Parties
Claude D. Hansen
Margaret I. Kelly
Officiating Minister
Virgil F. Halbig
Attendants
Gerald L. Madren
Hilder E. Peterson
Ella H. Peterson
Ava L. Madren
Witnesses
Gerald L. Madren
Ella H. Peterson

This is pages 16 and 17 (the centerfold) and signed by the people at the wedding.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the old hide an important document in back of a picture trick!

    Well done! Your reward for being curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure surprised to find this booklet, and the signatures of all the wedding party. They are all gone now, with Ava Madren being the last one to die last September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to find! Just reading this from the link in the igene awards.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails