Saturday, November 3, 2012
Saturday Night Fun Great Grandma Roulett
Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) What year was one of your great-grandmothers born? Divide this number by 90 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel" - your software will create this - use the "Ahnentafel List" option, or similar). Who is that person, and what are his/her vital information?
3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."
1) Karen Jorgensen 1840
Eliza Mineva Hellenbolt 1845
Vada Belle Hert 1871
Dona Vanderpool 1873
Divide any of these numbers by 90 and they all come out 20 and a fraction more, so #20 is Enos Dillingham
2) Enos was the son of Melatiah and Elizabeth "Betsey" (Chandler) Dillingham. Betsey was a descendant of George Soule of the Mayflower
3) Enos married twice: Clarissa Virgin first and when she died Elizabeth Benjamin
4) Enos was a cabinet maker and lived most of his life in Dixfield, Maine