Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Night Fun 100 Word Challenge


Your mission, should you decide to accept it (where's my Mission Impossible music...drat, lost it), is:


This SNGF is based on the 100 Word Challenge (http://100wc.net/) that school children are participating in around the world.  They are given a word or phrase to write a story about in exactly one hundred words.  Last week, it was "Grandparents are important because..."  We all know that gran

1)  Write a story using the phrase "Grandparents are important because" in 100 words.  [Hint:  If you write it in a word processor, you can use Tools > Word Count (or similar) to count words]




Grandparents are important as we would not be here without grandparents. I did not know three of my grandparents much, my moms father died when I was five years old and I hardly remember him, but I did inherit his tools and those of his father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Both of my fathers parents died when I was 12, but since they did not live very close (30+ miles) we did not get to see them a lot. They lived on a farm and I did like to visit the farm.

My moms mother lived longer than all my other grandparents as I was 34 when she died although for the last four years she hardly knew anybody. She was the family historian, a wonderful baker, a great gardener, good at canning, and sewing. I learned a lot from her, just wished I had listened to her family stories more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails