Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Night Fun Fun Week


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

The writer of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun is having too much fun at the SCGS Genealogy Jamboree this week and is unable to think up something fun for YOU to do.  So I'm going to rely on that old standby of:

What Genealogy Fun Have You Had This Week?"

September 21, 2013 is our Walking With Ancestors "Remembering the Iron Horse Era in Spokane" and as a guide this year I am to guide people to this monument where the remains of several railroad workers were buried after a big explosion killed them on September 6, 1890.

I did not know for sure where this monument was, just at the end of a dirt road near the hill, so I stopped by the cemetery on my way downtown going to the library. Took this horrible picture of the monument, and then went to the library and looked up the newspaper article on the explosion. So now all I need to do is dress up as a railroad worker and guide people to the monument.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails