1) Determine where your ancestral families were on 1 September 1863 - 150 years ago.
2) List your ancestors, their family members, their birth and death years, and their residence location (as close as possible). Do you have a photograph of their residence from about that time, and does the residence still exist?
- Mikkel Madsen b 11 May 1807 Magleby, Denmark d. 8 Sep 1888 Humble, Denmark. He married Kristen Hansdatter b. 21 May 1804 and d. 23 Jan 1880 both at Humble, Denmark. Their son Hans Mikkelsen b. 21 Apr 1837 and d. 10 Jan 1892 both at Humble, Denmark. Hans married Karen Jorgensen b. 08 Jun 1840 at Tullebolle, Denmark d. 29 Mar 1891 Humble, Denmark. Not sure if her parent were living in 1863, but I will say the were. Father was Jorgen Petersen b. abt 1791 Tullebolle, Denmark and mother Johanne Jensdatter b. abt 1803.
- Samuel P. Dillingham b. 8 Aug 1835 Dixfield, Maine d. 25 Jun 1919 Algonquin Twp, Illinois. I think he stayed in Maine till after the Civil War. (he did not fight for medical reasons). His father was Enos Dillingham b. 10 Aug 1804 Freeport, Maine, d. 12 Jun 1876 Dixfield, Maine. His wife Clarissa Virgin had died before 1863. Samuel married Eliza M. Hellenbolt b. 1 Mar 1845 Town 2, Wisconsin and d. 03 Sep 1933 Algonquin TWP, Illinois. Her father Richard Hellenbolt b. abt 1815 in NY and mom Rhoda Preston b. abt 1816 in Canada were living in Minnesota in 1863.
- Robert Forsyth Kelly b. 23 Jul 1855 Adams County, Illinois and d. 14 Dec 1934. His father Thomas D. Kelly b. 25 Apr 1827 near Louisville, Kentucky and d. 1 Mar 1896 Trenton, Missouri. He married Margaret J. Forsyth b. 29 Dec 1833 at Quincy, Illinois d. 28 Jul 1905 Trenton, Missouri. In 1863 this family was in California and when the Civil War was over they came back to Illinois. Robert married Vada Belle Hert who was not born in 1863, but her parents Joseph Hert b. 29 Jun 1830 in Indiana a d. 12 May 1912 in Grundy County, Missouri and Sadie Jane Selson b. 19 Mar 1832 in Indiana d. 26 Jul 1913 Harrison Twp, Missouri.
- Daniel C. Travis b. 4 May 1833 Lawrence County, Illinois, d. 27 Mar 1905 Mill Grove, Missouri. and his wife Mary Elizabeth Travis b. 10 Sep 1833 Green County New York. d. 27 Oct 1927 Mill Grove, Missouri. Not sure where they were in 1863.
- Joseph J. Vanderpool b. abt 1831 Campbell, Tennessee d. 1 Oct 1929 Clinton, Oklahoma, married Margaret Loe b. 3 Aug 1837 Ray County Missori, d. abt 1901 Mercer County, Missouri. They were living in Missouri in 1863.