Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday Night Fun Super Bowl 48


Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:


1)  The Super Bowl is on Sunday, 2 February 2014 in the USA.  The Denver Broncos are playing the Seattle Seahawks for the National football League championship.  The winners get to go to Disney World.  


2)  Predict the score for this game.  You have to predict the winning team and the closest to the actual score (point differential summed for both teams) to be the winner.  The winner of this contest gets announced next week in a Genea-Musings blog post.  

3)  Tell a story about your experiences playing football or watching professional football games.  Did you go to football games? Who in your family was the real fan of the game?  What were the pre-game routines?  How do you, or your family, react to good plays or bad plays, or wins or losses?

2)  Seahawks 28 Broncos 24

3)  Well I did not play much football, in junior high we played football in PE class, and by then most all my classmates had started to grow a lot and I was still small. When I started high school I was 4 feet tall and 100 pounds as a sophomore, most of the kids were a foot or more taller and 50 to 75 pounds heavier than I was, so I did not play football except in PE class and I was very poor at that. I did play clarinet in the band and we played at all the football games and marched at halftime for the "home" games. We got in for free by wearing our band uniforms, the uniforms were heavy wool and since I was small my uniform was pretty loose so I could put on a lot of layers under the uniform to keep warm.
No one in my family was a real fan of football, we did watch the Seahawks if we were not busy doing something else, but never dropped everything to watch them. I guess not being a football fan in high school carried over to adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails