Saturday, January 2, 2016
Saturday Night Fun 2015 Achievements
Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) What was your best research achievement in 2015? Tell us - show us a document, or tell us a story, or display a photograph. Brag a bit! You've earned it!
2) We all have elusive ancestors. What research problem do you want to work on in 2016? Tell us where you want to research and what you hope to find.
3) Put the answers in your own blog post
1) Well I kind of fell into the research achievement, I received an E-Mail from Family Search that a source had been added to my family tree on Family Search. Huh, did not remember I had a tree on Family Search. I clicked on the link and sure enough I did have a tree on Family Search and someone had added a source to one of my ancestors. I did send in my GEDCOM to Ancestral File years ago and that was where my family tree came from. I started looking around and some of the people in my family tree had many sources, census, marriages, births and deaths. Many had pending hints and I found a lot of information on the children of a lot of my ancestors I had not even looked for. I found many duplicates, merged most of them into one person. Found hints on many more so I need to do a lot of research to see if some of the UN-sourced information is correct. And all of this is a work in progress as all the new digitized information that is added to Family Search weekly is checked by their computer and may show up as pending hints for more sources on the family trees at Family Search.
2) Well for several years I have looked for Thomas D. Kelly born April 25, 1827 near Louisville, Kentucky, and I guess he is my most elusive ancestor. Hope to find his parents. My PML searches on Roots web have been giving clues, but so far nothing close.