Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Night Fun "Super Powers"

Dean Richardson posted What’s Your Genealogical Superpower? on his Genlighten Blog - Genealogy Documented blog last week, along with a nifty picture of a young lady with a big S on her shirt flying (is that Dean's wife?). I thought Dean's question was a great one for SNGF - so your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to...

1) Answer the question: Do you have a genealogical “superpower”? (i.e., a unique research ability or technique that helps you track down records or assemble conclusions that others can’t?) If so, what is it?

2) Tell us about it in a blog post, a comment to Dean's post,.


1) I guess my super power is experience. I have read the articles on can you be an expert without being certified on Genealogy Star, and while he makes a lot of good points, I think I am an expert on research in the Spokane area. I have researched in almost all the court records in the Spokane Courthouse, helped to index some of those records, made numerous copies and so I know what is available there and what is not available. I have researched in the library in the genealogy section, old newspapers, and the Northwest Room. I have even indexed some of the records in the genealogy section. So when others need help in the library or courthouse I get the queries, and experience helps me find an answer, and maybe some extra information not asked for, but easy to find if you have searched the records before. There was a company that used to say give the customer more than he pays for and they will come back. I try to do that also.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails