Saturday, November 16, 2013

I Remember John Kennedy Assassination

Thomas MacEntee is asking those of us that remember the assassination of John Kennedy in November 1963 to post our memories so they can be collected at geneabloggers.
I was a sophomore at Rogers High School, and when the president was shot I was in a PE class, but after that class everyone seemed so solemn in the halls. My next class was World History with Mr. Pelo, and he had a TV on and Walter Cronkite was reporting that the president had been shot. Mr. Pelo filled us in on what had happened so far and said just watch the TV as this is history, more than he could ever teach us. The next couple of days I watched as much of the coverage of the assassination and funeral as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails