Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Night Fun

I do genealogy research for Eastern Washington Genealogical Society and one day I was looking up an obit in the newspaper microfilm in the library. I was getting close to the correct date so I stopped to see how many more days till the death date. On the page I stopped on was a headline "Ella Murphy To Wed", Ella Murphy was mom's Maid of Honor at my moms wedding and her husband Pete was pops best man. Right below this article was another article about a business man having his employees at his lake cabin on Liberty Lake. My mom, dad and grandmother were listed in that article and this was a year or two before they got married, so I guess my grandma was the chaperon. My dad was still alive when I found the article and he did not remember going there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails