Saturday, September 5, 2009
Saturday Night Fun
Diane Haddad, on The Genealogy Insider blog, has asked blog readers to nominate genealogy blogs for the Family Tree 40 in her post Nominate a Genealogy Blog for the Family Tree 40. There is a link to a nomination form in the post, and voting will take place between October 5 and November 5.
The assignment for this Saturday Night, should you choose to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible music again), is:
1) Identify three of your favorite genealogy blogs to nominate for the Family Tree 40 list, and fill out the nomination form for them.
2) Tell us which three you chose, and a reason why you chose it, in a blog post on your own blog.
3) For purposes of this assignment, please don't name Genea-Musings as one of your three (obviously, I would be honored to be nominated, and you can do so at your pleasure). What I'm hoping is that by writing about three of your favorite genealogy blogs, that you will introduce many blog readers to more outstanding blogs, for the benefit of all of us.
So here is my list.
1. footnoteMaven I guess I skipped footnotes in school, I don't ever remember a class on footnotes, so her posts are a real learning experience for me.
2. Genealogy's Star This blog seems to have a lot of very good advice and writing about sources and research.
3. Jake Fletchers Genealogy Project A very good young genealogist just starting out.