SNGF - Ahnentafel Roulette
This week's edition of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun has been posted by Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings:
1) How old is your father now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel. Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.
5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick your mother, or yourself, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!
Here is my answers:
1. Well my father was born in 1906 so he would be 103 now. 103/4= 26
2. #26 is Joseph Hert.
3. Joseph was born 29 June 1830 in Indiana and died 12 May 1912 in Jackson Township, Grundy county, Missouri. His father was also Joseph Hert. I got a copy of his Death Certificate from the Missouri Archives and the informant for the Death Certificate did not know Joseph's mothers name, and neither parents birthplace. Joseph died of La Grippe. It was not too long ago I found Joseph, because all the information I had on his daughter Vada Belle her surname was spelled Hirt, so I was looking for Hirts not Hert.