Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday Night Fun

This weeks Saturday night fun Randy asks what is your most vivid childhood memories?

Mine is catching fish off the front porch. Now let me tell about it. My grandfather Charles Kelly (I was named for him), was a railroad switchman here in Spokane from 1918 to 1947 when he went off on sick leave, about a year before I was born, so I never got to see him working. He loved to fish, but was not able to much since he was not real well by the time I knew him and he died a couple of months before I was six, but he caught a lot of fish on his front porch right in Spokane. His house was miles from any river or lake, yet every so often he would have a fish fry of fresh caught fish. I like fish also so when I went to his house we would have fish. He also had me set on his front porch with a fishing pole and a worm or corn over the railing so I to could catch a fish on his front porch.

It took me years to figure out that his friends from work would bring him fish when they went fishing and my grandfather would catch them on the front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails