Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 Advent Calendar The Christmas Tree

I wrote about our trees last year, so this year I will write about the trees my grandparents had. Mom parents had a real tree each year, usually very small about 4 feet tall. Grandma had some very old ornaments and very big lights on that tree. After we bought an aluminum tree mom bought grandma one also, and it was about 4 foot tall also with a color wheel.
Pops parents always had a real tree and usually as tall as could fit in the room without touching the ceiling. Pop said when he was young they used candles on the tree as they did not have electricity. Had little candle holders that clipped on the limbs. I was always amazed they did not burn the house down with those candles.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the color wheel! My grandparents had an aluminum tree with a color wheel - I didn't consider it a "real" Christmas tree, but I loved to watch it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails