Friday, December 16, 2011

2011 Advent Calendar Christmas at School

This is copied from the 2010 Advent Calendar

What did your ancestors do to celebrate Christmas at school? Well my mom was in the school orchestra so I assume they had a Christmas concert. I was in the band in Junior High and High School and we had a Christmas concert each year.
Were you ever in a Christmas Pageant? About fourth or fifth grade I was in the Christmas Pageant at school. I was in a group of 5 boys and we sang a couple of Christmas songs. I had a good soprano voice till my voice changed and we sang kind of like the Vienna Boys Choir. After my voice changed I was glad I was in the band as I did not sing very good anymore.
The last band class before Christmas break we played Christmas songs, but the band director did not direct. Each Senior band member got to pick the song and then direct the band as it played. I was not a real good clarinet player, and I found out I was even a worse band director.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas concerts at schools are always fun. More heart than talent in the young ages. My husband and I went to many when our children were in school.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails