Sunday, December 4, 2011

2011 Advent Calendar Christmas Cards

As long as I can remember we always sent Christmas cards and received a bunch of them. Mom usually wrote a letter telling what happened to the family for the year and then we made copies and stuffed the letter in with the cards. When moms diabetes started to take away her eyesight I took over doing the newsletter and was able to add pictures I had scanned. Mom would tape the cards we received to the door frames of the doors in the front room until after New Years Day. We usually saved the cards we received for a year so I don't have any from our ancestors. I am working on this years newsletter so I can make copies and get them all in the mail next week. My dad did save some post cards he got, and this is one of them.






Not sure who Aunt Allie is, closest I could come up with is Alice Hansen, wife of Pops uncle Peter Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails